posted Mar 1, 2010, 2:47 AM by Joshua Chiamba
updated Mar 19, 2010, 2:34 AM
- 2kg coyo-yams
- 15 Achu banana
- 1 kg of Cataigah ( back of a beef
- 1.5 teaspoon of Agawa (lien-stone )or
- ½ bottle of red palm oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 3 cubes of maggi vegetables stock and 2 bush onion
- 10 bush pepper and 2 pepper
Preparation of Achu
Wash the coyo-yams put it in a pot
and stand it in the fire and add four liters of water also wash the
bananas and put it on top of the coco-yams and cover.
After one hour thirty minutes, you
will first remove the banana and peal it and pound and keep it
Secondly, you will be pealing the
coco-yam while the pot is still standing in the fire
Also, stand a small dish of water
beside you so that when you are pounding, you will be sending your
pestle inside the water in five minutes time.
When you have finish pounding the
coco-yams, you will now add the bananas and pound it and add a small
cup of water in and pound well in order to mix it.
You may wrap it in a banana leafs
of you put it all in one dish.
Preparation of yellow soup
- Wash the back of the beef and boil
it with salt and pepper for two hours with five liters of water
- Ground the bush pepper, bush onion,
- Take a new pot put the oil and the
agawa or bicarbonate inside and stir it till the oil is yellow.
- Add the remaining water that you
boil the beef with if it is small, you add a small cup of water to
make up a liter and stir it for ten minutes when it is real yellow,
you put the spices and left out salt and maggi (vegetable stock) with the beef. Stir
it for another ten minutes before you finish adding the rest and stir
it to mix.
- Not vegetarian
- It is good for health and medicinal
because when loss appetite and drink only the soup, you will gain it
- Contributed by: Ngang Peaceful