posted Feb 1, 2010, 4:55 AM by Joshua Chiamba
updated Mar 19, 2010, 2:34 AM
- 1 cup corn meal
- Required amount of water (see back of package)
- Boil water in pot. Divide water in half and pour into a separate bowl or pitcher.
- Allow water in pot to continue to boil while you add the corn meal slowly and you stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Then add some water from pitcher and allow the mixture to boil for about 15-30 seconds, then stir.
- Again, add more water, boil and follow until out of water. Cook until you smell the scent of roasted corn. You don’t want the mixture to be too thick or too runny.
- Then reduce heat.
To make the Corn FuFu balls, line a small bowl with plastic wrap and put a scoop of the corn mixture inside the bowl. Pull the sides of the plastic wrap to the center and twist . This will make a ball shape.
An alternative is to serve the Corn Fufu to each person in a small bowl and serve the Ndole in a small plate for a family dinner