posted Feb 19, 2010, 5:10 AM by Joshua Chiamba
updated Mar 19, 2010, 2:34 AM
- 1kg of macabo cocoyams
- 3 banaleafs (warmed in the sun or fire) (for wrapping)
- 200 grams of crayfish (around 1 cup)
- 500 grams of dried (boneless) fish (depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon of mixed green spices (leaks, parsley, celery, cumanju)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 big onion
- 5 cubes of maggi vegetable stock
- 10 tablespoons of red palm oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground garlic
- 4 slices of soft coco leafs
- 0.25L of water (for mixing)
- Clean the cocoyams with cold water and grate them.
- Put all ingredients (except the banana leafs) in a medium sized pot and mix them together with a spoon.
- Put the banana leafs flat on a plate and put a small quantity of the mixed coco inside it. Now wrap the leaves around the coco mixture in the shape of a bible.
- Make 1 banana leaf wrap per person, so 7 in total. When done put all the coco wraps inside a flat pot.
- Put the pot on the fire and add a cup of water.
- Cover the pot for 10 minutes, after that add 1 liter of water.
- When the water has evaporated the kwacoco will be done and can be removed from the pot.
- Vegetarian: no
- Spicy: yes
- Note: you can keep the kwacoco for a maximum of 3 days.
- Name: Yeban Gladys