Bottled beverages such as wine or non-alcoholic drinks face the problem of not retaining their freshness or purity if the bottle closure used is not the correct one or is of an inferior quality. Wine bottles traditionally had cork stoppers that fitted so snugly that the wine could be left for years to age with no loss in quality. In fact, the older the wine, the better it is supposed to be. Cork closures can be replaced by synthetic stoppers shaped like a natural cork. However, in current times, screw caps are also often used for wine bottles with no perceptible loss of quality.
Crown caps for beer bottles and screw caps for wine bottles have, in fact, become extremely popular as closures for obvious reasons. In case of a beer bottle, you just flip the crown to open the bottle. In case of a screw top wine bottle, you just twist the cap. There is no need for the elaborate procedure of using a corkscrew to coax the tightly fitting cork out of a wine bottle.
Companies that produce these screw caps and crowns also offer design and printing services for metal cans. Some of them are family-owned businesses that supply crowns and caps to boutique manufacturers of wine, beer and other beverages.
Some of the advantages offered by these cap suppliers include:
· The special technology used results in better production efficiency
· These firms usually offer greater flexibility for small volume orders such as those for some boutique brands
· The technology involves less wastage
· The overall quality of the finished product tends to be better than mass produced items available on the market
· They offer competitive pricing
· They also help to source associated products like food grade glass bottles
Because these companies also offer design and production facilities for metal cans, they have a diverse group of people on their teams.
The team of professionals often includes:
· Graphic artists
Products offered by these companies usually include the following:
· Crown caps
– They are of both twist and pry types
– They can have PVC or can be PVC free
– Short runs can be commissioned for beverages like craft beer
· Bottle closures
– Screw caps can have designs embossed or printed on tops and sides
– Packing system ensures less waste
· Can decoration
– Pre-press design and decoration facilities
– 3D modelling is done for client presentation
– Up to 12 colours can be selected for printing
So, if you need capping or metal can design and production solutions, keep the following factors in mind:
· The company you choose for the service should offer superior quality compared with others in the industry
· They should offer flexibility on matters like the size of a batch you order as well as in terms of design and other changes
· The technology they use should afford efficient production and less wastage
· Associated design services are a definite plus as in that case you can get all capping and can printing solutions under one umbrella